In this article, we’ll cover how you can submit an Activision Ban Appeal in order to get your account unbanned and jump back into your favorite game!
Activision has quite a few great games under its belt, although its Call of Duty series is by far the most popular one.
Thus, to avoid ever falling on that side, let’s first go over what can lead to an Activision banned account!
What Gets You Banned from Activision?
Considering Activision’s flagship games are the CoD series, which are FPS games, their ban reasons are quite straight forward.
- using any type of cheating software (radar, auto-aim, wall-hack, ESP, auto-clickers);
- account sharing, including boosting for any reason – Battle Pass, skins, ranks, weapons, levels);
- making use of any bugs, exploits, glitches or unintended features for any reason;
- toxicity, in any way, shape or form (offensive chat, account name, harassment, griefing);
- using any type of third party software that’s not a cheat per se, such as skin changers or unlockers;
- any type of real-money trading, as well as purchasing any in-game goods from unofficial sources.
Keep in mind that these are merely the most common Activision account ban reasons. To ensure you won’t break any other terms, it’s highly recommended to review their official Terms of Service. Also, note that even if Activision acquired Blizzard, for a banned Overwatch 2 account, you need to contact Blizzard. Same goes for a ban in WoW.
Now that we’ve established what to avoid to ensure your account’s safety, let’s go over how to appeal an Activision ban should you somehow find yourself in that situation!
Can You Unban an Activision Account?
Activision is not an easy platform to deal with. They’re very adamant about bans and can be quite discouraging or dismissive throughout the appeal process.
That being said, we have helped overturn quite a few Activision account bans, as shown in the example below.
However, regardless of the ban reason or timing, every case is unique. Thus, there is no particular answer that can apply to every situation or ban out there. But, here are a few things that can help increase your chances to a successful Activision ban appeal:
- your behavior upon contacting Activision support;
- the reason for your ban and the severity of the accusation;
- your account’s history.
For instance, a ban based on an unfair cheating accusation is more likely to be overturned than a ban for extreme toxicity (which stands close to no chance). Remember that appealing a ban requires patience, persistence, and a clear understanding of Activision’s terms and policies.
How to Submit an Activision Ban Appeal
Here’s how to appeal an Activision ban:
- Log in your banned Activision account, on their official Support website here;
Keep in mind that you need to log in according to the platform you play on (PlayStation, Xbox, Steam or Battle.net). The default login is the Activision.com account.
- Select the Activision game you’ve been banned from;
This can be Call of Duty Warzone 2.0, Modern Warfare 2, Mobile, Black Ops and so forth.
- Choose the platform where you play the Activision game;
If you’re unusure about it, and if you play on a computer, you’re likely using Battle.net.
- Pick the topic that best describes your issue;
To appeal an Activision ban, you should select “Security and Enforcement”.
- Click on the “Appeal a Ban” suggestion;
Afterwards, click on “Continue”, followed by “Agree and Continue”.
- Write your Activision ban appeal (within the 1000 character limit);
This is also where we come in handy, should you require our customized and professional unban service, designed to get your account unbanned from Activision.
Once everything is in place, simply press the “Submit” button underneath the form, and your ban appeal will be sent to their Customer Support for review.
Keep an eye on your Activision account’s registered email address, as that’s where you’ll receive word once they have an answer for you.
What to Expect When You Submit an Activision Ban Appeal?
When you appeal an Activision ban, make sure to gear up with a lot of patience. Not only will it likely be an uphill battle, but you’ll be met with a lot of reluctance with regards to reviewing your case.
On top of that, Activision may claim that they have conducted an investigation into your ban, when in reality, they might be relying on the accuracy of their anti-cheating system’s initial action. As in, they may not readily acknowledge the possibility of a false positive, despite multiple confirmations in this regard.
Another thing you will likely see during your Activision ban appeal is that their Customer Support will claim they don’t have the option to overturn bans. While that might be true for certain departments within their company, they do have a “Hacks” team that can and do revoke bans whenever possible.
However, keep in mind that if your ban resulted from extreme toxicity, griefing, fraudulent payments or tampering with the game’s code, insisting or submitting multiple ban appeal will lead nowhere. Activision has a zero-tolerance towards any of these offenses and thus, the chances to get your ban revoked are extremely low, to none.
On the other hand, if you believe the restriction was applied unjustly, here’s a few things to keep in mind when you appeal an Activision ban:
- always be polite, kind and understanding, no matter how the appeal process is going at the time;
- do not, under any circumstances, make any kind of threats, towards yourself or the Support agents;
- take into account their volume of work – they sometimes might reply within a couple of hours, but they can also take a few days or even weeks to do so, depending on how busy they are;
- avoid opening multiple tickets at the same time, as this won’t help your case;
- take breaks between unsuccessful appeals, even up to a few weeks or months.
That’s it! Hopefully our guide was helpful with regard to successfully appealing your Activision ban, and if you ever require our help, we’re here for you!
Need help getting unbanned from Activision?
We're here to give you the best help in order to recover your account!Get unbanned!