In this post, we’ll cover everything you need to know about your Apex Legends hacked account, including what caused the compromise, as well as how you can recover it.
First, let’s start with the reason behind it, as securing your account is a vital part of the recovery process.
The Reason Behind Your Apex Legends Compromised Account
There are a few, yet unfortunately efficient, ways for someone to gain access to your Apex Legends account.
Here’s likely what happened that caused your Apex Legends account to get hacked into (most likely to be sold to someone else):
- you’re not running an antivirus solution, and you’ve downloaded a computer virus (RAT, trojan or keylogger);
- you’ve fallen victim to a phishing email (from the attacker), either something prompting you to change your account’s password or to claim some in-game goods;
- you’ve shared your account with someone else (friends, boosters), and their computer might’ve been infested with a virus;
- you were using the same password for your Apex Legends account as for your any other accounts (forums, games, websites), and one of them has been leaked/compromised;
- you logged in from an insecure/public computer or device, which was infected with a virus;
- your actual email account (or a recovery one), the one behind your EA account was breached, and then used to reset your Apex password.
Apart from the above, it’s very unlikely that someone could’ve just guessed or bruteforced your password.
However, it’s vital for the account recovery process to figure out how your Apex account was compromised, in order to secure it and also explain it to EA Support.
We’re here to provide you with the best support in order to recover your account!Recover My Account!
Securing Your Apex Legends Account
Here’s a checklist of things you need to do in order to secure your Apex Legends account, and prevent it from being hacked into again:
- run a full computer scan with an updated (and ideally top antivirus solution, such as Bitdefender), and remove any malware;
- change all of your passwords once the malware has been removed – to every account and email address, and make sure to use a unique password for every single one;
- enable EA’s two-factor authentication for your account, as well as for any other email address and valuable account you might have;
- do not disclose your password to anyone, for any reason.
This is assuming you’ve been able to recover your password via EA’s forgotten password feature. If you are unable to recover it altogether, skip this part and solely run the full computer scan, along changing the passwords to the accounts/emails you still have access to.
If whoever hacked into your Apex account also changed the account’s email address and you’re unable to recover or change it, make sure to get in touch with EA Support here.
Once you regain access to your EA account, it’s likely to find out you’ve also been banned from Apex Legends as a result of the compromise. Below we’ll cover a step by step guide on how to recover your hacked account.
Recovering Your Apex Hacked Account
Here’s how to complete your Apex hacked account recovery form:
- Input your full name, along with your email address;
If you no longer have access to the email address behind your EA account, use a new and secure one instead, for communication purposes;
- Select the device you play Apex on;
For example, PC if you play on Origin, or Steam if, well, you play on Steam.
- Input a relevant subject, such as “Need help recovering my Apex Legends hacked account”;
Additionally, if the account was banned as a result of the breach, you can mention that instead.
- Explain your case under the “Tell us a little about your issue” field;
Here’s where we can come in handy! Since 2015, we’ve successfully helped recover countless similar accounts through our professional and customized unban service, designed to help you recover your compromised Apex Legends account as well!
Once that’s done, simply press “Send”, and your recovery form will be sent to EA. You’ll get notified via the same email address (the one from the first step) once they have an answer, so keep on eye on it (as well as on your Spam folder)!
That’s it! Hopefully our guide was helpful with regard to successfully recovering your hacked Apex account, and if you ever require our help, we’re here for you!
Need Help with a Hacked Apex Legends Account?
We're here to give you the best help in order to recover your account!Recover My Account!