In this article, we’ll cover a step by step guide on how to submit a CSGO VAC ban appeal in order to get unbanned from CSGO!
Unlike most other games, submitting a CSGO ban appeal is not straight-forward at all. In fact, it can be quite confusing.
More so, when banned from CSGO, you’ll also receive a VAC ban. This is Steam’s anti-cheating system.
That said, Valve is known to take any type of rule breaking allegation very seriously. And, in turn, they’ll permanently ban any CSGO account suspected of doing so.
But, as we all know, false positive bans happen, and CSGO is no exception. In fact, they even state so on their page, namely that they will automatically unban any unfairly banned CSGO account.
In the meantime, let’s see what gets your CSGO account banned. And, of course, what to avoid doing once you get unbanned from CSGO.
What Gets You Banned from CSGO
If you’d like to get up to speed with its rules, you can check the Steam Subscriber Agreement.
Meanwhile, here are the most common reasons for CSGO account bans:
- cheating – software, automation tools, ESP, wallhacks, aimbots, etc.;
- toxicity – slurs, hate speech, negativity, threats, harassment towards others;
- boosting – allowing someone to increase your in-game rank;
- selling or buying accounts – for any reason;
- using any type of skin changer software;
- sharing your account – regardless of circumstances.
Apart from that, there’s always the player report feature.
In this regard, you should always be on your best behavior when playing CSGO (or any other game for that matter).
Thus, don’t engage in anything that can warrant other players to report you. Reports can lead to getting suspended from CSGO, and all the way up to a permanent ban. These can be things like:
- refusing to participate or help your team;
- friendly fire on purpose;
- griefing others;
- leaving games;
- behaving poorly.
Now that we’ve got this out of the way, let’s see whether or not you can unban your CSGO account!
Can You Unban a CSGO Account?
Following a ban appeal, yes, you can unban a CSGO account.
But, since it’s not an exact science process, not every account can or will get unbanned from CSGO.
Probably the most important factors behind your appeal is the nature of your ban.
For example, if you CSGO account was banned for extreme toxicity (pertaining to threats or hate speech), there’s close to zero chances at getting the ban removed.
On the other hand, if your ban was applied under the accusation of cheating, sharing your account, boosting or even due to player reports, you have a much higher chance to unban your CSGO account.
However, once you submit your CSGO VAC ban appeal, keep in mind to:
- be polite;
- explain your situation to the best of your ability;
- provide any potentially exonerating evidence (if you have any);
- be patient and allow them to review your case thoroughly.
Even if the ban was issued in complete mistake, you should never, for any reason:
- threaten their Support (or yourself);
- submit multiple tickets at the same time;
- be aggressive or rude.
And, lastly, if you got banned from CSGO, regardless of their accusations against you, you have the right to defend yourself by submitting a CSGO ban appeal. Especially if you’re innocent.
So, let’s see how to do that!
How to Get Unbanned from CSGO
You can submit a CSGO ban appeal both via the Steam app, as well as the Steam website.
Below, we’ll cover both methods.
Here’s how to appeal a CSGO ban via the Steam app:
- Go to your Steam Library and search for “CSGO”;
Click on “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” from the list underneath.
- On the right side, click on “Support”;
If you can’t see it, it will be under the 3 dotted menu, as the last option.
- Select “Game or technical issue”;
You can go with a different option if your issue is distinct.
- Pick “I am having another problem”;
Depending on your problem, you can choose a different field.
- Click on “Contact Steam Support”;
On the next page, pick the same option once again to confirm your choice.
- Allow Steam to gather your computer information;
This is mostly for issues such as game crashing, but it can also contain evidence regarding your CSGO ban.
- Write your CSGO ban appeal;
Here’s where we come in handy, should you require our professional and customized ticket writing unban service designed to get your CSGO account unbanned.
If you have any exonerating evidence to support your CSGO unban appeal, you should attach it.
Although, that’s optional, so don’t worry if you don’t have any. After all, most players never plan on getting banned, and thus, they don’t know they should keep any records in that regard.
Once you’ve completed the the form for your CSGO ban appeal, simply press the “Send” button underneath.
Your appeal will be sent to Valve for review, and they’ll get back to you once they have an answer.
CSGO Ban Appeal via Steam Website
Submitting a CSGO ban appeal via Steam website in similar to the in-app one.
However, you’ll still need to launch the Steam app in order for their client to gather your computer’s information.
Here’s what differs:
- go to their Support website here;
- choose “Games, Software, etc.”;
- in the search field, type “Counter Strike Global Offensive”, then click on it;
- follow the same options as the guide above;
- launch the Steam client to be able to submit your appeal.
This is pretty much it! All you need to do now is wait until they review your CSGO unban appeal and get back to you with an answer. Also, make sure to check the Spam folder as well! Good luck!
Need help getting unbanned from CSGO?
We're here to give you the best help in order to get your account unbanned!Get unbanned now!
Last updated on August 10, 2022