In this article, we’ll cover how you can get unbanned from Destiny 2, should you ever find yourself in this unfortunate situation.
For quite a while now and despite issuing ban waves, Destiny 2 did not have any means of appealing the ban, or even contact their Customer Support team for that matter, but luckily that has changed once they’ve moved to Steam Support.
So, before we get to the guide on how to submit a Destiny 2 unban appeal, let’s first go over the reasons for which you can get your account banned in Destiny 2, and what you should avoid doing to ensure your account’s safety.
We’re here to provide you with the best support in order to get you unbanned!Get Unbanned!
What Can Get You Banned from Destiny 2?
Although you can find the entire Code of Conduct here, below we’ll be listing some of the most popular reasons for which a player can get banned in Destiny 2, namely:
- cheating – through any means, such as third party software or even modified hardware (including anti-afk tools);
- toxicity – unsportsmanlike behavior, hate speech, griefing, spamming and any other defamatory or offending demeanor;
- constant network issues – in the case where your internet connection can start having a negative impact over other players;
- boosting – also known as account recovery, for which Bungie even issued a Destiny 2 ban wave;
- leaving or quitting games on purpose.
And, in case you’re wondering, here’s the message you’ll see when trying to log in, if your Destiny 2 account gets banned.
Apart from that, you can assume that anything that would provide you with an unfair advantage over other players can result in a Destiny 2 banned account, such as finding and making use of a bug, glitch and other such things.
Does Destiny 2 Ban HWID?
Not really, although they have the ability to do so, Destiny 2 doesn’t ban HWID.
Of course, this isn’t a general rule that applies to all cases. Generally, HWID bans are issued to extreme and/or repeat offenders, who keep cheating on multiple accounts.
And no, Destiny 2 also doesn’t ban IP addresses. In fact, no game company does that. IPs are usually dynamic, so it would be pointless to ban a particular IP.
We’re here to assist you with your ban appeal process!Get Unbanned!
Can You Unban a Destiny 2 Account?
Well, yes, since this is also the reason for which Bungie has implemented the Destiny 2 unban appeal form, in order to review account bans and overturn the ones that weren’t placed correctly in the first place, or even grant a second chance to certain players.
However, it goes without saying that while some cases can and will be overturned, not all appeals will be granted, and not all accounts will get unbanned from Destiny 2.
Moreover, an account on which no appeal has yet been sent stands a much higher chance at getting unbanned compared to an account where a bunch of appeals were sent, or where the player’s behavior towards Bungie was poor.
So, with that in mind, let’s finally go over how to submit a Destiny 2 unban appeal!
We’re here to guide and assist you in your account recovery process!Get Unbanned!
How to Get Unbanned from Destiny 2
The entire unban appeal will take place on Destiny 2’s Support page here, so that’s where you’ll need to be to start the process.
Once you’re here, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the “Contact Help” button, then choose your Destiny 2 platform.
This will take you on the actual Destiny 2 unban appeal form (bottom right pop-up), which you’ll need to complete as such:
- choose “Destiny 2” under the release issue;
- select the correct platform on which you play and got banned from Destiny 2;
- input your account’s name;
- list any computer related software that could’ve carried this action (such as OBS, nVidia Share, etc.);
- under the specific issue field, you can just type something concise, such as “My account has been banned”;
- as for the “Why should Bungie overturn your ban” field, we’ve got your back on this one! Since 2015, we’ve successfully overturned countless similar bans with our professional and customized unban service designed to get you unbanned from Destiny 2;
- attach any relevant files, if any.
Once all of the above are done, you can go ahead and press “Send”, and your Destiny 2 unban appeal will be sent to Support!
Enabling Bungie Mail Notifications
Now, in the event where you’re met with the “your profile must be configured to allow Customer Support to send you emails”, you need to go to your account’s Profile Settings here, and under “Notifications & Email”, check the following boxes:
- “I allow Bungie to email me about Bungie.net and Destiny service emails”;
- check “Email” next to “Support Form Received”.
What to Expect During a Destiny 2 Ban Appeal?
Bungie isn’t known for having the most fun or chatty Customer Support department.
This means that during a Destiny 2 ban appeal, you can expect:
- some type of standard negative replies, even if your ban is unfair – they are not automated answers, but some might be premade;
- long wait times between ticket replies – this also depends on their current volume of work;
- reluctance regarding thoroughly reviewing your case;
- some tickets might go unanswered, this again depends on their volume of work (make sure to not open multiple tickets at the same time however).
As opposed to contacting Riot, Bungie will rarely actually interact with you during your ban appeal process. They will read your appeals, review your case, but don’t expect them to be friendly or actively trying to get to the bottom of your issue.
Also, during your Destiny 2 ban appeal process, regardless of being innocent, you will likely run into a few negative answers. Here are a couple of them:
Your appeal has been reviewed and considered. Due to the nature of the restriction you are appealing and the results of our review, your restriction is not eligible for an appeal. No further information will be provided.Bungie Support
Upon initial review, your appeal is denied, and your restriction will be maintained. If a later review of your appeal results in the overturning of your restriction, you will be contacted to notify you.Bungie Support
On the other hand, here’s how a positive answer would look like, such as in the case of one of our happy customers:
Your appeal has been reviewed and approved. In a future security patch, Bungie will be reducing your permanent PvP restriction to a two-month restriction with credit for time served.Bungie Support
Of course, these are just a few examples as to what to keep an eye out for, as they depend on the accusation and circumstances.
This is it! Hopefully this step by step guide was helpful in regards to getting unbanned from Destiny 2, and if you ever require our help, we’re here for you!
Need help with a banned Destiny 2 account?
We're here to give you the best help in order to get you unbanned from Destiny 2!Get unbanned!