In this article, we’ll cover how you can get unbanned from Destiny 2, should you ever find yourself in this unfortunate situation.
For quite a while now and despite issuing ban waves, Destiny 2 did not have any means of appealing the ban, or even contact their Customer Support team for that matter, but luckily that has changed once they’ve moved to Steam Support.
So, before we get to the guide on how to submit a Destiny 2 unban appeal, let’s first go over the reasons for which you can get your account banned in Destiny 2, and what you should avoid doing to ensure your account’s safety.
What Can Get You Banned from Destiny 2?
Although you can find the entire Code of Conduct here, below we’ll be listing some of the most popular reasons for which a player can get banned in Destiny 2, namely:
- cheating – through any means, such as third party software or even modified hardware (including anti-afk tools);
- toxicity – unsportsmanlike behavior, hate speech, griefing, spamming and any other defamatory or offending demeanor;
- constant network issues – in the case where your internet connection can start having a negative impact over other players;
- leaving or quitting games on purpose.
Apart from that, you can assume that anything that would provide you with an unfair advantage over other players can result in a Destiny 2 banned account, such as finding and making use of a bug, glitch and other such things.
Can You Unban a Destiny 2 Account?
Well, yes, since this is also the reason for which Bungie has implemented the Destiny 2 unban appeal form, in order to review account bans and overturn the ones that weren’t placed correctly in the first place, or even grant a second chance to certain players.
However, it goes without saying that while some cases can and will be overturned, not all appeals will be granted, and not all accounts will get unbanned from Destiny 2.
Moreover, an account on which no appeal has yet been sent stands a much higher chance at getting unbanned compared to an account where a bunch of appeals were sent, or where the player’s behavior towards Bungie was poor.
So, with that in mind, let’s finally go over how to submit a Destiny 2 unban appeal!
How to Get Unbanned from Destiny 2
The entire unban appeal will take place on Destiny 2’s Support page here, so that’s where you’ll need to be to start the process.
Once you’re here, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the “Contact Help” button, then choose your Destiny 2 platform.
This will take you on the actual Destiny 2 unban appeal form (bottom right pop-up), which you’ll need to complete as such:
- choose “Destiny 2” under the release issue;
- select the correct platform on which you play and got banned from Destiny 2;
- input your account’s name;
- list any computer related software that could’ve carried this action (such as OBS, nVidia Share, etc.);
- under the specific issue field, you can just type something concise, such as “My account has been banned”;
- as for the “Why should Bungie overturn your ban” field, that’s where we come in handy, should you require our professional and customized Destiny 2 unban service designed to get you unbanned from Destiny 2;
- attach any relevant files, if any.
Once all of the above are done, you can go ahead and press “Send”, and your Destiny 2 unban appeal will be sent to Support!
Enabling Bungie Mail Notifications
Now, in the event where you’re met with the “your profile must be configured to allow Customer Support to send you emails”, you need to go to your account’s Profile Settings here, and under “Notifications & Email”, check the following boxes:
- “I allow Bungie to email me about Bungie.net and Destiny service emails”;
- check “Email” next to “Support Form Received”.
This is it! Hopefully this step by step guide was helpful in regards to getting unbanned from Destiny 2, and if you ever require our help, we’re here for you!
Need help with a banned Destiny 2 account?
We're here to give you the best help in order to get you unbanned from Destiny 2!Get unbanned!