In this article, we’ll cover a step-by-step guide on how to submit a Riot ticket for ban appeal, should you ever be in this situation.
Riot Games stands as one of the titans in the realm of online competitive gaming, drawing legions of players to its acclaimed titles, such as League of Legends and Valorant.
However, to ensure fairness and integrity across their player base, Riot also enforces strict policies, resulting in permanent bans and suspensions. With millions of players across their games, maintaining a level playing field is vital.
Thus, below, we’ll delve into the reasons that might lead to a ban, how to submit a Riot ban appeal ticket, details about the process as well as essential tips for account security.
We’re here to provide you with the best support in order to get you unbanned!Get Unbanned!
What Leads to a Riot Account Ban?
- payment related issues (including chargebacks);
- not being able to verify your Riot account ownership.
Payment issues behind Riot account bans are mostly related to chargebacks. This applies to virtually any other gaming company, as this will get you banned from Activision as well, for example.
Essentially, this means you have reversed a transaction you made for an in-game item, such as Riot Points, TFT Coins, Valorant Points and so forth.
However, this can also happen when you buy in-game currency from unofficial sources. For example, if you find suspiciously cheap RP somewhere, there’s a chance that particular vendor might’ve bought it fraudulently or is planning on reversing the transaction once you pay them.
Regardless, both cases lead to having your Riot account suspended immediately. However, unlike a similarly banned EA account, Riot does give you the chance to pay back the negative balance in order to unban your Riot account.
Here are a few important points to keep in mind about this ban reason:
- if you can’t afford to pay back the balance, your Riot account will stay banned until you can do so, there’s no rush to it;
- you’re still required to pay back the negative amount (at full price) even if you bought cheaper VP/RP from an unauthorized source who charged it back;
- Riot will not reverse any transactions unless they can confirm your account was compromised. Thus, only in this particular situation can they undo the transactions from your account.
For more information as to how you can repay the negative balance, you can follow Riot’s Chargebacks article here.
Riot Account Verification
An account verification can occur, for example, if you decide to contact Riot support to change some of your information (such as name, email, address, etc.). Or, similarly to what can get you banned in League, if there are IP discrepancies on your account (even VPN usage), since those can be related to account sharing/buying or boosting.
Depending on the nature of your request, as well as on your account’s history or current information, you might be asked to verify your ownership before Riot can proceed with the changes. If you’re unable to do so, your Riot account will remain locked (basically the same as banned, since you won’t be able to access it).
Please keep in mind that if you bought your account from someone and are unable to prove ownership if needed, your Riot account will remain permanently locked. Unfortunately, this, as well as payment related bans, are two situations we can’t assist with.
What to Expect during a Riot Account Verification?
Account verification is typically triggered by significant changes, but in our over 8 years of assisting with banned accounts, we’ve seen it required for various situations, including appeals for LoL toxicity bans.
Among the verification questions you’ll be asked (as part of the ban appeal process), you can expect to find:
- date of Riot account creation (or at least a rough estimate);
- previous email addresses of said account (if any);
- any purchases made, that you can find or remember;
- the location where the Riot account was created;
- your username and in-game name;
- the amount of Riot Points (RP) or Blue Essences you have (roughly);
- the transaction IDs for the bought RP;
- your birth date.
Now, the list of questions they ask can be a bit longer, but it’s important to know that they don’t expect you to be able to answer every one of them perfectly.
In order to pass your Riot account verification, make sure to take your time and check all of your emails, screenshots or documents for information, as well as answer, to the best of your ability, the other questions.
Note that this is not a once in a lifetime chance – if you fail the verification, you can take more time to gather the info and reopen the ticket whenever you’re confident you have it.
Having said that, let’s move on and see how you can submit a Riot ticket and ban appeal.
We’re here to assist you with your ban appeal process!Get Unbanned!
How to Submit a Riot Ticket for Ban Appeal
If your Riot account was game-banned, the process is similar to that of appealing to get unbanned from LoL.
Nonetheless, here’s how to submit a Riot ban appeal ticket:
- Go to the Riot Support Center and log into your account from the top-right button;
You must be able to access your Riot account in order to submit a ban appeal. Otherwise, scroll down to our Riot Account Recovery section.
- Click on “Submit a Ticket” from the top-left button;
Choose the game you were banned from.
- Select “Discuss a Personal Suspension, Ban or Restriction”;
Depending on your issue, your inquiry can be “Discuss Game Bans”.
- Input a subject for your Riot ticket;
This can be something short, such as “Ban appeal”.
- Select the duration behind the penalty you received;
For permanent bans, choose “31+ days”.
- Choose the account’s ban reason;
For toxicity bans, pick “Inappropriate Chat Communication”, for cheating accusations, go with “Third party programs”. If you have no idea, go with “Unsure”.
- Fill in your Riot ban appeal in the Description form;
Here’s where we can come to your help! Since 2015, we’ve successfully overturned countless similar situations with our professional gaming account unban service, designed to help you recover your Riot game banned account.
Once everything is in place, check the ban disclaimer beneath the form then press the red “Submit” button. This will send your ticket straight to Riot’s Customer Support for review.
When they have an answer for you, you’ll be notified via your account’s registered email address, so make sure to keep an eye on it!
However, if you’re unable to access your Riot account altogether, then you need to submit a Riot Account Recovery form. We’ll go over it below!
We’re here to guide and assist you in your account recovery process!Get Unbanned!
Riot Ban Appeal Tips
Contrary to what some might think, and based on our extensive experience since 2015 assisting with bans issued by almost all gaming companies, we can confidently say that Riot Games has the best, most compassionate, and understanding Customer Support in the industry.
That being said, this doesn’t mean they will overturn every ban. However, here are a few tips to keep in mind when you submit a Riot ban appeal:
- don’t be offensive, threatening or disrespectful, no matter the ban reason or how frustrating that is, as this will never help your case (but it might make it worse);
- their volume of work varies, so be patient throughout the appeal process and don’t bump your ticket if it’s awaiting a reply;
- take breaks between unsuccessful appeals, even up to a couple of weeks or months;
- avoid opening multiple tickets simultaneously, and try to stick to the same one for as long as it stays open.
How to Submit a Riot Account Recovery Form
In order to recover your Riot account, you must follow the same Support Center link.
However, unlike the Riot game ban appeal, you don’t need to log into your account for it (since technically you lost access to it). Thus, simply click on the “Submit a Ticket” button from top-left, then choose any game in order to proceed (it doesn’t matter which game).
Then, here’s how to complete your Riot account recovery form:
- choose “Recover my account” from the request type field;
- input your email address;
- select your account region;
- pick the way you lost access to your account, such as “Hacked / Compromised / Locked account” or “Unsure” if you don’t know;
- input a concise subject, such as “Riot Account Recovery“;
- write the explanation of what happened in the “Description” field, with as many details as you can regarding how you lost access to your Riot account;
- fill in as many identification answers as you can, as this will help verify your account ownership.
Once that’s done, press the “Submit” button underneath and your Riot account recovery form will be sent for review.
Riot Account Recovery Tips
Here are a few key points to keep in mind regarding your Riot account recovery process:
- the email you input must be an email address you currently have access to; if you lost access to the Riot account’s registered email address, make sure to use a new one for the recovery process;
- this recovery form can also be used for Riot banned accounts (including appeals to get unbanned from Valorant if you’re unable to log in altogether), just make sure to choose “Ban / Suspension on my account” under the “How did you lose access to your account?” field;
- answer the fields to the best of your ability, take the time to review older emails, documents or screenshots to find all the relevant ownership information;
- if you’re unsure about an answer, fill in your best guess (such as account creation date);
- make sure to fill in the recovery form from the same computer and location as your regular gaming place, if possible. Submitting it behind a VPN could further complicate the recovery process;
- there’s a chance you might fail the verification; no worries, you are allowed to try again, although you need to provide better / more relevant answers (you won’t be told which one is incorrect).
As for the extensive range of verification fields provided by Riot Games for the account recovery process, that’s actually a positive aspect rather than a disadvantage.
Riot understands that it’s unrealistic for players to remember every single detail, which is why they offer so many fields. This approach ensures that you have a variety of options to answer enough questions accurately to prove your account ownership.
That’s it! Hopefully our guide was helpful with regard to successfully recovering your banned Riot account, and if you ever require our help, we’re here for you!
Need help recovering a banned Riot account?
We're here to give you the best help in order to recover your account!Get unbanned!