Since 2015, we’ve been hard at work, assisting players in recovering their Fortnite banned account. Our track record speaks for itself, with numerous bans overturned and players back in the game.
Today, we’re bringing our experience and insights, for over half a decade, to you. In this guide, we’ll delve into the details behind Fortnite account bans, unveil strategies to avoid them in the future (without breaking the rules), and walk you through the account recovery process.
So, if you’ve ever wondered why players sometimes get banned from Fortnite or face restrictions for no apparent reason, keep reading to learn how you can recover it and ensure your in-game journey remains uninterrupted.
We’re here to provide you with the best support in order to get you unbanned!Get Unbanned!
Banned from Fortnite for Cheating
Cheating is the primary cause for Fortnite bans. Our own analysis of 657 individual bans, unrelated to any ban waves, revealed that cheating accounted for a staggering 83.7% of all ban reasons.
Now, you might be wondering – what’s cheating in Fortnite, specifically?
Well, cheating in Fortnite can be broken up in a few different ways, namely:
- using third party software (autoaim, wall-hack, overlays, ESP, radar, teleport and even skin changers);
- abusing any glitch or exploit in order to gain an unfair advantage (such as getting under the map);
- automating any type of your gameplay through mouse/keyboard macros or autoclickers.
But, on the other hand, it’s also labeled as cheating if you team up with a different player. This is also confirmed by Epic Games.
Nonetheless, as a fun fact, here’s a happy customer of ours, which we helped recover his unfairly banned Fortnite account:
Fortnite HWID Ban
Apart from getting your account banned from Fortnite, cheating will also carry a HWID ban from Fortnite. This is also the case for HWID bans in Valorant.
Fortnite uses both EAC and BattlEye as its anti-cheating systems, so they do a pretty good job at catching third-party software. Do they issue false bans too? Well, yes, but we’ll talk about that later.
The main difference between an account ban and a HWID ban in Fortnite is that the former simply prevents you from playing on that particular account, whereas the latter prevents you from ever playing Fortnite on that computer/phone.
There’s a lot of speculation online as to how you can “bypass” a Fortnite HWID ban, whether via certain software, replacing computer parts or using a VPN.
There might be some merit to the first two, albeit for a short time, until they get flagged as well, but one thing’s for sure – VPNs CANNOT help you bypass a Fortnite HWID ban.
We’re committed to assisting you with your ban appeal process!Get Unbanned!
VPNs, a bannable offense as well by Epic Games, which we’ll discuss later, simply helps you change your IP and location. Meanwhile, the HWID ban is issued on your computer’s unique identifiers. Using a VPN will do nothing to help with your device ban. Instead, it might lead to getting a Fortnite account ban as well (on the new one you’re trying to play on).
Nonetheless, the only way through which you can safely remove a Fortnite HWID ban is by submitting a ban appeal, same as for an account ban. We’ll cover this later in our guide, but meanwhile, here’s a happy client of ours which we helped get his HWID ban removed.
Fortnite VPN Ban
Remember getting kicked out of the bus before getting to jump? Well, that could’ve been the VPN for you. Although this doesn’t make much sense, Epic Games is known to issue bans for using a VPN. In fact, in our analysis, VPN-related bans accounted for 4.9% of the bans we reviewed.
Given the fact that using a VPN doesn’t really hurt anyone, and can certainly not help you bypass your HWID ban, it’s likely because Epic Games doesn’t want players to:
- play from restricted countries or locations;
- be able to join regions with lower competition;
- increase server load by being able to connect to a server very far away from them.
On the other hand, VPNs are known to be used for boosting, so perhaps Epic Games decided to just do away with them altogether.
In conclusion, VPNs can lead to getting your account banned from Fortnite, and they definitely don’t help you bypass any HWID ban.
Boosting Bans in Fortnite
Boosting is yet another offense that’s labeled as cheating, amounting to 4.7% of the bans issued in our analysis. Also known as account sharing, it’s considered boosting when you allow a different player to log into your own Fortnite account for different gains, such as:
- leveling up your Battle Pass or account;
- complete daily quests;
- increase your Arena rank or game wins.
Circling back to VPN bans, boosting is usually done through a VPN. As in, if you’re located and usually play from New York, some boosters will also use a New York VPN when logging into your account.
This is done to prevent the game’s anti-cheat from flagging your account as being logged in from a different location.
While there are legitimate boosting companies out there, depending on your luck, giving other players access to your account can lead to quite a few problems. Among them, there’s getting banned or having your Fortnite account compromised.
Apart from boosting, it’s also a bannable offense to:
- share your account with anyone, for any reason;
- sell or buy accounts.
In that regard, false bans can occur here as well. Here’s an example of yet another happy client of ours that we’ve helped recover their Fortnite account, unfairly banned for account sharing:
Moving on, let’s now check behavior related bans!
Toxicity Fortnite Bans
Surprisingly, Fortnite doesn’t a very large number of behavior related restrictions, especially when compared to LoL toxicity bans.
In fact, from our own analysis, just 4.1% of the bans amounted to any toxicity related issue in Fortnite.
However, this percentage also includes:
- any form of toxicity and harassment;
- griefing or preventing others from playing or enjoying the game;
- refusing to participate in the Squad‘s efforts;
- false reporting players or asking others to issue reports.
Naturally, to avoid a Fortnite toxicity ban, ensure you’re always on your best behavior. And, just always treat others as you would like to be treated.
Now, moving on to our next pie chart segment in our analysis, which represents 2.1% of the bans.
We’re here to guide and assist you in your account recovery process!Get Unbanned!
Fortnite V-Bucks Purchases
Don’t worry, this doesn’t have to do with legitimate V-Bucks purchases. Instead, Fortnite accounts get banned if they purchase V-Bucks from unofficial sources.
What this means is that, if you come across an offer seems too good to be true, it likely is.
While certain unofficial sellers might still be legitimate, quite a few of them use fraudulent methods to obtain the V-Bucks. Once those come to light, Epic Games traces all those transactions and issues a permanent ban from Fortnite to any account involved in the exchange.
Thus, if you want to be absolutely certain that the purchase won’t lead to any issues, keep it simple and buy them directly from Epic Games. Or, other platforms such as Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, Amazon and so forth.
While conducting our analysis, it’s important to note that we have excluded a specific category, namely, false positive bans. These bans, albeit unfairly, can be issued for any of the above reasons, thus we’ll cover them in the section below.
Fortnite Account Banned for No Reason
Have you ever had this happen to you, but none of your friends believed you? Well, we’re here to say that we believe you.
False positive bans do exist, and Fortnite is no stranger to them either. In fact, since 2015, we’ve helped countless happy clients recover their Fortnite accounts, a lot of them not even knowing why they got banned in the first place.
More so, this exact situation happened to both MrSavage and Trippernn, both professional Fortnite players, during finals.
Luckily for them, Epic Games corrected the mistake and allowed for the game to be replayed, confirming it was nothing other than a false ban from Fortnite.
Thus, yes, getting your account banned from Fortnite for no reason is possible. However, to lower those chances down, here are a few tips:
- never use any heavy/work-related/coding software in relation to Fortnite;
- try, as much as possible, to not play the game from a different location, unless it’s also on the same device (laptop or phone);
- steer clear of players you suspect of cheating, and don’t try to team up with them (even in Squads);
- don’t purchase V-Bucks from unofficial sources;
- avoid behaving in any way that can lead to multiple reports, even if unwarranted;
- refrain from using a VPN, unless you absolutely must have to;
- always install official drivers only for your peripherals.
Hacked Fortnite Account
However, sometimes, a Fortnite ban for no reason is caused by the account getting compromised. For example, here’s a happy customer of ours that we’ve helped recover their hacked Fortnite account:
And, here are a few tips to prevent that from happening to you as well:
- don’t share your account with anyone, for any reason;
- change your account’s password regularly, and use an unique one (not a password you also use for other games or platforms);
- if possible, use an email address just for your Epic Games account (you can always set it to forward any incoming emails to your main one);
- don’t click on any fishy links (specifically via email), regardless of them asking you to verify your ownership;
- refrain from logging into your account from other computers, devices and even public WiFi;
- install and keep updated an antivirus solution;
- always use two-factor authentication whenever and wherever possible. Here’s how to enable it for your Epic Games account.
Now that we have that covered, let’s finally move on to what you can do in order to recover your Fortnite account!
We’re here to provide you with the best support in order to get you unbanned!Get Unbanned!
How to Recover a Fortnite Account
To unban a Fortnite account, the only method is to contact Epic Games. Here’s how to do that:
- go to the official Epic Games Support page here and log into your account;
- scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the blue “Contact us” button;
- input your “Display name”, albeit optional;
- select the correct platform, the same one on which you play Fortnite and got banned;
- attach any relevant files, if any;
- write your ban appeal – we’re here for you! Since 2015, we’ve successfully overturned countless similar situations with our professional gaming account unban service, designed to help you recover your Fortnite banned account.
On the other hand, if you’re unable to log into your Epic Games account altogether, here’s what you need to do:
- go to the same page as above, click on “Contact us” then on “recover it“;
- fill in your first display name and email address (ideally the same one you’re using for your Epic Games account);
- enter your current IP address (you can get it on WhatIsMyIPAddress.com);
- add the requested ownership information, such as Invoice IDs, your city and country;
- fill in the next form the same way as the one above.
Once that’s completed, simply press the “Submit an email request” underneath the form to have it sent straight to Epic Games’ Customer Service. They’ll get back to you via your Epic Games account email address, so make sure to keep an eye out for it.
That’s it! Hopefully our guide was helpful with regard to successfully recovering your banned Fortnite account, and if you ever require our help, we’re here for you!
Need help recovering a banned Fortnite account?
We're here to give you the best help in order to recover your account!Get unbanned!